- What are we doing?
We are running a campaign to award the Congressional Gold Medal to the 5307th Composite Unit (Provisional), also known as Merrill’s Marauders, for recognition of their bravery and outstanding service in the jungles of Burma during World War II.
- We need your help
We need 290 members (or 2/3) of the House of Representatives AND 67 senators (or 2/3 of the Senate) to sponsor the bills in their respective houses before the end of 2016.
We need your help to ask your U.S. Representative to co-sponsor bill number R. 667 introduced by Congressman Pete King of New York
AND, we need you to ask your U.S. Senator to introduce the bill.
Contact your U.S representative and U.S. Senator. Use Fact sheet and letter templates at bottom of page to help you engage in communication.
- Find out who your Congress members are: http://whoismyrepresentative.com/
- Get their contact info: Go To http://Congress.gov/ and find the Congress member’s personal website.
- Find their local office and contact them
- Make an appointment to see them in their home district or state. In person implies that this subject is serious and makes more of a lasting statement
- Call them on the phone at their local office. This provides immediate contact to a staffer and let’s your voice be heard.
- Email them
- Send postal mail to them
- Attend events to meet and talk to your Congressmen
- Follow up
Continue to call, send letters, and email to maintain contact with the congressman’s office. They document when you call and how often.
- Spread the word
Visit your local veteran organizations and ask if they can help spread the word among their members for them to contact their congressmen (e.g. American Legion, Vets of Foreign Wars, etc). Provide them with copies of Bob’s letter, our Fact Sheet and the H.R. Bill (both below.)
Attend events of other organizations and get the word out for them to support us and contact their Congressmen.
If you need help, email us.
Steve Kinder, email@example.com
or Metta Tanikawa, firstname.lastname@example.org